CHRISTMAS TREE SAFETY
Check out this brief video & demonstration on the dangers of not properly caring for a live Christmas tree. Video includes important safety information to help keep you & yours safe this holiday season. Some important information to remember: - Find a green & healthy Christmas tree.
- Ensure that the needles are not already falling off.
- Ensure that the tree has a clean cut at the bottom.
- Keep Christmas tree away from any heat source.
- Make sure that the tree is watered every day.
- Check for frayed wiring & broken or missing bulbs.
- Never exceed 3 strands of lights on your tree.
- Unplug lights before you leave your home or go to bed.
- Have working smoke detectors in your home.
- Have access to & know how to use a fire extinguisher.
- If you prefer artificial trees, ensure that it is fire retardant. Have a safe & Merry Christmas!