top of page


All though fireworks are beautiful to watch, often times when left to amateurs the results can be devastating to property, dangerous to people and in worse cases, deadly. Fireworks should be left to the professionals and should especially be left out of the hands of children and teenagers.

The NFPA (National Fire Protection Association) statistics show that in 2014, there were approximately 10,500 fireworks-related injuries treated in emergency rooms in the U.S. The risk of firework injuries are higher in children 10-19 years old. As safe as they may appear, sparklers alone accounted for 28% of the emergency room visits in 2014.

If you choose not to partake in a public fireworks display, here are a few safety tips to keep at the forefront of your mind:

- Children should NOT use fireworks and adults that choose to do so should follow the instructions and guidelines set forth by the manufacturer.

- Never use fireworks indoors.

- Ensure that everyone is a safe distance away prior to lighting fireworks.

- Never aim fireworks towards another person, yourself, buildings or any other flammable materials.

- After a fireworks is complete, allow it to sit for some time to cool prior to removing it. It may not be complete.

- Sparklers can reach temperatures above 2,000 °F which will cause injuries to anyone if improperly used. This is why it is highly discouraged of children using them.

- Be fully aware of the laws regarding fireworks for the area in which you live. Some areas prohibit all use and some prohibit the use of specific kinds.

15 views0 comments
bottom of page